Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Here's the Deal!"

Milli has a charming ;) new phase that just kills me everything she says it. She is so certain in herself (developed over time) that when she says something this serious you take notice. The other day we had gotten home from daycare and work and I was explaining to Milli that we needed to pick up things around the house, before we dove into another project. As I continued to explain what needed to be done, Milli came up to me very serious like and look me straight in the eye and said, "Okay Mom, Here's the Deal! I will take a bath and then play. I will not clean." Of course, I know I should have corrected her at that very moment and explain that when Mom and Dad ask her to do something, there is no discussion, she simply needs to follow directions. Of course, I almost fell to the ground laughing (losing all credibility). Instead of using this as a teaching moment, I scooped her up in my arms and told her how funny I thought she was. She looked at me with a knowing smile that she had one this round. If you are keeping track, that is 1 point for Milli, 0 for me. Attached you will see what we did instead. My New Year's Resolution...There should be more fun in 2010...so here is our attempt at adding "pure joy" to an ordinary night. Love, Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Ebes!!! I had no idea you were a blog nerd till today! Love this, Milli is such a cutie! Ava and her must meet someday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete