Thursday, December 10, 2009

Eby Updates....Return!

Once a upon a time, in a foreign land far far away - called Washington, D.C., I wrote and emailed out updates to friends and family, titled "Eby Updates". These updates were aimed at keeping my kin connected to me even though they seemed so far away, as I spread my wings and started a life away from my loved ones. (P.S. I have since clipped those wings and vow to remain near my family. Its a scary world out there....) I use to love writing the updates because I could weave my odd sense of humor into a fun story to share about my life while living in our Nation's Capital.

7 years later.....WOW! I'M BACK!!!!

Thanks to social media I have a much easier way to share stories and tales of my life today. My hope is that this will reach the friends that I generally only connect with via facebook and text messages. I miss you all very much and although we may not talk to or see each other often, you still mean the world to me.

Okay enough of the sappy stuff (which let's be honest, isn't me)...let me update you the old fashion Eby-Way!

Many of you may be asking...Why the title? Well I toyed with many names...Poker to Politics....Eby Updates, the sequel.....etc, before landing on "Bringing up Milli". The decission was finally made, because she has changed me and my life forever. Kids change your lives, it is a fact, but she has brought a purpose to me that I never expected. Matthew (my non-husband) gave me a great gift by bringing Milli into our home. (Shhh, don't tell him I consider her a gift from him...he still owes me one for my birthday this year and I don't want him trying to claim her.) Milli has been living with us full time for a year and a half. She makes us smile daily with her smile, funny (some might say sassy) personality, and overall curiosity. Seeing life through a child's eye makes the simpliest things seem amazing.

I am so excited to start this new blogging adventure. Stay tuned....

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see you join the blogging ranks too! Milli is ADORABLE. We would love to meet her sometime. I miss your reassuring presence Ebes, so glad I can read about your daily life. Love you, Sus

    ReplyDelete