Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Umm, you've got something on your forehead....

Caution Readers, this post is filled with religion, faith, and my favorite…GRACE!

Several years ago, I was introduced to a wonderful Church. It has offered me more than I could have ever expected from a Church Family (and when I say family I mean that both literally and figuratively…on any given Sunday about 1/3 of the church is filled with close family and very close friends, that feel like relatives). I have periodically been committed to one church or another throughout my life and I have always felt the presence of God (and tried to live a spiritual life in response to that presence). Being that we are human and all, everyone fails to live up to that and I have clearly fallen short.

Today starts one of my favorite times of year, well the Church year anyway. It starts today, Ash Wednesday with our acknowledgement of our sins, repenting, and hopefully during this time of year, we really start to look at what GRACE means, when it comes to our faith. As I like to do, I have added a link to a song that I believe will help to start you on your “journey to the cross” as my Pastor explains it. What Do I Know of Holy http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=N6J5TzSE_18&feature=related

From today until Easter, we are on a journey to the cross and then beyond what happened after Jesus died, especially what that means to us, in relation to our faith. Hopefully, we journey closer to an understand of what GRACE really means. How through the journey Jesus took to the cross, resulted in us receiving GRACE by God.

This evening I will attend Ash Wednesday service with members of my family. I will have a cross of ashes brushed across my forehead and I will wear it in reflection, the remainder of the day. This obviously links back to my subject line. As a member of Pasco 1st Lutheran Church, I will have the cross on my forehead following our service this evening. Others received their ash cross at lunch and will be wearing this symbol throughout the day. If you aren’t particularly religious, no time like the present to learn a little bit more about GRACE.

“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others…” 1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment